It’s hard for some of us to lose fat. But for others it’s hard to gain muscle mass. Here are my tips to help you with your bulk:
- Spread your intake throughout 5-6 times a day. I recommend this for everyone, regardless of your goals, but especially for hard gainers who need their nutrition constantly fueling growth throughout the day.
- Drink shakes to get in more with less volume.
- Always be prepared. Think ahead and pack meals/snacks with you if you won’t be home to get to them in time.
Hard gainers can have a tough time, it’s like a second job to be constantly fueling your body so often. If necessary you can try a mass gain protein powder. I use universal gains, but there are a lot of other popular brands.
I like universal gains because it uses quality ingredients, has a low sugar content, and a good macro ratio for me. If you don’t want to invest in a mass gain protein powder, here is the recipe for my Chunky Monkey smoothie I use with regular chocolate whey:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1-2 cups milk (*I used soy milk in the picture because I’m lactose intolerant)
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 scoops Cellucor Molten Chocolate Whey
- 1-2 cups ice
Blend oats to constancy of choice in blender, then add the rest of the ingredients.
*Disclaimer: It’s the Chunky Monkey Smoothie because the oats and ice make it chunky like a milkshake…and monkeys like bananas. It doesn’t actually turn you into a chunky monkey! (I mean…unless you think I look like a chunky monkey? Then maybe it does.)
I’d love to share more of my clean bulk recipes if there’s interest- let me know!