Interested in the startup life? Want to BYOB (Be Your Own Boss)?
The Entrepreneurship Internship is open to ALL undergraduates who are interested in learning about running a startup. The program provides an immersive work experience at a startup founded by and for students with personalized projects to help interns develop and grow professionally.
You will be working side-by-side with the founder and explore entrepreneurial opportunities by working on meaningful projects and receiving one-on-one mentoring.
Fit With Dasha is an innovative fitness & wellness educational platform that uses social media to connect society to the latest scientific facts about nutrition and exercise. Through research-based education, Dasha teaches the #FWD community how to live a balanced lifestyle through flexible dieting and personalized exercise. She empowers clients to overcome insecurities, be confident in their skin, and learn the facts behind the fads.
Dasha Agoulnik is a UMass Alumni, Master of Science in Nutrition student at Tufts University’s Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, future registered dietitian, and a NASM certified personal trainer.
The Entrepreneurship Internship is an unpaid 8 to 12 week internship program designed for students who want to try the experience of working at a startup full-time.
- Gain an understanding of how an early-stage startup functions
- Be assigned to projects based on their skill set and the startup’s business strategy
- Engage in weekly professional development workshops with the founder
- With flexible hours and scheduling, students can participate while at school or work
- Students can choose to work for credit
- Professional references, a letter of recommendation, and LinkedIn endorsements
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student
- All majors are encouraged to apply
- On-campus involvement preferred—leadership positions are a plus
- U.S. or Canadian citizenship or work authorization
- A goal-oriented, social media savvy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and creative personality
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher
Potential for Credit Options:
Before the start of the semester, participating students will attend an orientation to learn more about their entrepreneurial program, spend time with their mentor, and have the opportunity to ask questions.
During the internship, students will have check-ins with sponsors to discuss startup life and initial learning. At the end of the semester, students will complete a five-page reflection paper on their experience, and share insights with other undergraduate students interested in startup life.
Please send unofficial transcript and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due: Ongoing (For-credit deadlines determined by college)